Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Enneagram i.e. I know myself better after this

Through my friend Kristine and an author I really admire (you can read a book review I did on her book here), I have discovered the Enneagram.  It is basically another personality test.  I love anything like this because it helps me understand better why I do the the things I do.  In addition, it makes me feel "normal", something I really need some days.  Besides all that about me, it helps me relate to and understand others better.  Something we all could use a little of....The Enneagram does all that.

Check out Shauna's post (below) about this and then come back here and let me know what you are.  I am an 8.  I have a few aspects of a 3, but way more 8.  My favorite thing is the question you ask when you walk into a room.  Mine is (and if you know me, you will laugh about this) "Who is in charge here and do I need to take over?"  Does that fit me or what?  A few weeks ago I was at DIA in the security line.  When I got to where you strip off your outerwear and empty the bags you just packed, there were no more clear bins.  The lines were long and everyone was looking around to see where the security people were and if there were any bins magically appearing.  Without thinking, I left all my things where they were, went and got some bins and found the security guy to tell him we needed more bins.  The guy behind me was like- "way to take charge!" and I just thought, "who the heck else was going to do it?"  #8 Who's in charge here and do I need to take over?

Check out the Enneagram and if you know of any other tests like this, let me know!

http://www.shaunaniequist.com/blog/2011/3/3/the-enneagram-my-favorite-thing.html

No comments: