We are under contract with a signed offer our house!
My thoughts on this are are as follows:
- Yay!
- WooHoo!
- Oh-my-gosh-we-have-so-much-to-do-in-the-next-four-weeks
- Praise the Lord!
- oh-my-gosh-we-have-to-find-a-house
- WOW! What we have been praying for!
- oh-my-gosh-we-have-to-move-again
- oh-my-gosh-we-have-to-pack
- Quick! We need to make some lists of all the things we have to do!
- What if (insert exhaustive list of worries here)?
- Thank you Jesus!
Aren't you glad you don't live in my head? :)
In terms of the adoption, this is great news. It delays the completion of our home study by about six weeks. But what is six weeks in the grand scheme of things? It's not much if you ask me and it simplifies things enough, that the six weeks doesn't bother me. Even with the delay, what this move does is ensure we don't need to do an "update" on our homestudy which can delay goverment approval, mess up paperwork and costs about $800.
In terms of the adoption, this is great news. It delays the completion of our home study by about six weeks. But what is six weeks in the grand scheme of things? It's not much if you ask me and it simplifies things enough, that the six weeks doesn't bother me. Even with the delay, what this move does is ensure we don't need to do an "update" on our homestudy which can delay goverment approval, mess up paperwork and costs about $800.
The (Lord-willing) timeline looks like this:
Close on May 20, 2011
Close on new house asap (May 20, 2011?)
Move immediately
Complete homestudy in early June
Homestudy completed by agency by end of June
Move to work with international agency
Homestudy completed by agency by end of June
Move to work with international agency
Anyway, thanks for all of you who have prayed with us. Keep praying! If you have ever bought or sold a house, you know anything can happen :)
No comments:
Post a Comment