Anyway, since this blog is a bit of a diary for me (it's OK if you are reading- I don't put anything on here I don't want you to see) I decided that I wanted to start blogging about our 'do it ourselves' projects.
*Disclaimer: I have no aspirations of this blog becoming Young House Love. However, I will be stealing some of their ideas. I just want to be able to remember (and show those of you who are interested) what it was like before and be proud of what we did to make it become the "after". We probably won't post any tutorials but if you want to know how we did it, where we bought it, or what shade of gray it is, I will tell you!
Here is our first DIO (do it ourselves)
This is a cabinet that my aunt gave me ten years ago. It has served many purposes, from a winter home for the cat [the interesting] to a TV stand [the normal]. Anyway, I have always loved the functionality of this piece. It is the perfect size and shape for just about anywhere and anything. However, country chic is no longer my style so I have long wanted to repaint it. When I found these knobs on sale at Anthropology, I was finally inspired to tackle the project. Armed with a tutorial from Young House Love and my moms wealth of knowledge on furniture repainting, I was off to the races.
Here is the piece before:
And here it is after:
My paint job is for sure imperfect, but I don't mind. I love the color, the knobs and how perfectly it will go with my reupholstered chairs in my living room. One more coat of poly and we'll be moving it out of my shop and into it's new home in our living room.
Are you a DIYer or would you rather have someone else do it for you?


No comments:
Post a Comment