Monday, December 10, 2012

He made it!

Andy made it to the Congo!
He left yesterday morning at 11:16 and I got a text from him today at 2:00 PM saying he made it safely.

He told me that he found out from the orphanage worker that Vaughn and Elouise know what is happening (i.e. that we are adopting them) and Vaughn wanted to know if he was going to be the big brother. I almost cried when I saw that.

I am so excited for Andy to meet his kids! I can't imagine that moment and I am sad not to be there, but I also know this is how it should be. I don't know if that makes sense, but we prayed and talked a lot about whether I should go on this trip, so that we could experience this together and we both felt total peace about Andy going alone. Even now as I think about him meeting the kids and me not being there, I don't feel bad at all. I feel so thankful for this week of rest and quiet and so excited for Andy to experience this amazing moment. I know I will have plenty of moments with the kids that Andy will miss, so I'm glad he can have this one.

We still need prayer, if you like praying!
1. For there to be no missing documents as Andy files our docs for us
2. For a favorable outcome with the children's visas. After Andy files, the US Embassy will do an investigation to make sure the children are adoptable and that is the lynchpin for all of this. If they decide other than what has already been decided...well, I can't even begin to think of that. So pray!
3. For Andy's time with our little loves. Pray that they will not be confused or scared when Andy leaves and that they will really bond in a unique way.
4. Finally, for my travel arrangements which are being made this week. Pray for low ticket prices!

Thanks for your prayers, friends and for following along on this wild ride.

No comments: