- Found a lighter that not only could the kids reach, it was perfectly at eye level
- Found a (small, ok?) hunting-type knife in a drawer that the kids can reach .... and the blade was up
- For the first week we were home, Eloise ate like this:
Until we finally bought her this:
- We still haven't bought any kind of toilet modification for Eloise, so subsequently, this is my view each time she has to use the bathroom (and yes, those are camouflage pants and no, I don't weigh 600 pounds, the sweatshirt is huge).
- Went to get the mail and told the kids I would be right back, I heard Eloise start calling for me and said, "be right there", then I heard her start crying for me (which she often does) so I just took my time getting back from the mail box only to find she was crying because she had slammed her fingers in the door.
- Took the kids for a walk, Vaughn walking the dog, me pushing the stroller with Eloise. Walked past our neighbors the Bumpus's (see video below) and suddenly Wilson was running loose. Let me just tell you, these damn dogs are scary. There is a 6 foot fence and the boxer is just inches away from jumping over the fence and the hound has already attacked Wilson once. Anyway, I run off to try and save my dogs life and the stroller proceeds to begin rolling down the hill. Return to lock stroller and run off again to save Wilson's life. Return, still sans Wilson and Vaughn is standing in the street. Move stroller and Vaughn to where I can see them while I again try to save Wilson and tell Vaughn, "Don't MOVE", lock stroller, and run into Bumpus's yard to get Wilson. Aside from me (and Andy who wasn't present), everyone in my family had the opportunity to be seriously injured. As you can see, I provide equal opportunities for danger for both of my children.



No comments:
Post a Comment