Our reading plan includes a suitcase and all the books the kids own....
We've kind of been collecting books for some time now and as I looked at the bookshelf one day I realized we hadn't read 1/3 of them because we always gravitate towards the same ones. So after our road trip when I saw the suitcase sitting in their room I had a great idea. I emptied the entire bookshelf into the bag (minus a few favorites which I know we had read). Each time we read a book we take it out of the bag and put it on the bookshelf. This way we are sure to read all of the books. The kids like the plan and have fun rifling through the suitcase for a new book each time we read.
As a side note, the kids absolutely LOVE reading. They both snuggle up to whoever is reading and pay close attention to whatever is happening (minus a few interruptions for their own version of the story or a question.)

No comments:
Post a Comment