Eloise's latest milestone is painted toe nails! The photos say it all. She was so excited to pick out the color and a few times she told me I was doing a good job. It was so fun. I love having a little girl and I especially love having this little girl.
Regarding my "milestones". The milestones I'm posting here are not just developmental highlights, but also first-time stuff. With these little loves, we're getting to do things they have never done before and so these are things I want to celebrate, remember and tell you about.
There have been some sweet moments where I know it was the kid's first time for something. Like when Vaughn ate a cupcake (he loved it!) or when the kids had a little *Easter egg hunt at school. I know they have never done either of those things and so these were fun and special moments. (*re: the Easter egg hunt. I am typically not a fan of this kind of thing and I had such a bad attitude about having to go to the Easter party at school and get the kids an Easter basket, but when I saw what innocent delight it brought them, I really changed my tune. After Vaughn hunted for eggs, we counted them together and he had found about 14 eggs and he could not have been happier. Meanwhile, a classmate of his found about 40 eggs and a completely full Easter basket and was crying because someone else had more. I loved my son so much in that moment I thought I would burst. I loved his innocence, his gratitude and the simplicity with which he viewed the activity. I texted Andy after the party with a photo of the kids and their baskets and just said, "Maybe it was worth it after all" [since you know that of course I had called him to vent my frustration prior to the Easter egg hunt]).

1 comment:
My heart sings....
Post a Comment