Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Three Months!

Here we are, together for three months now!


At three months home:

  • My kids now play in English. They always used to play (and talk to each other) in Lingala and I would just listen in, dying to know what they were saying and now I know it's just...play. But I LOVE hearing it and honestly eavesdropping on my kids playing is the most fun ever
  • We've been on two dates!
  • We're figuring out what family life looks like. I.e. how do we 'get stuff done' and still have time for true togetherness
  • Vaughn read his first word to me! (Zoo)
  • Eloise is our little comedian. She seriously makes us laugh every single day
  • We've started "attention time" which is the best invention ever. (Each parent has 30 minutes with each kid to do whatever the kid wants). We're trying to do every other day with every other kid and the kids so far seem to be enjoying it
  • My parents got to spend a week with the us and the kids and so now Vaughn and Eloise either pray for Grandpa and Coco everyday or talk about them everyday
  • The kids are truly excited about baby brother and I think they really get what is happening
  • We are a family!

No comments: