About 14 minutes after I posted that blog my back went out. I mean completely went out. Like, I could not get out of bed without Andy's help and lots of tears. After a few days of really waddling around, I recovered from that and then the fun began with my hips. My guess is they are expanding to accommodate the 15 pound baby I am about to deliver. Which is fine, except that it is incredibly clear that I am nowhere near giving birth. (Truly, I know that 'nowhere near giving birth' is not accurate. I am anywhere between 2-719 weeks away. No really, I'm close and when it comes it will happen with the speed of light. Maybe not that fast, but when it's time, it's time....it just feels like forever from now).
Anyway, everyone says the end of pregnancy is the hardest. I can attest. We're close...and everyday we are closer to BBB and I am closer to having my life back (HA.HA.HA.)
While the point of this post truly was to offer up a list of complaints, I actually have some fun news.
Today was the kids first day of school! This morning when we all got up I squatted down on the floor (I'm up now, thanks.) and said to both the kids with a hug, "Happy first day of school!" to which Vaughn replied, "Happy first day by yourself!". Uh-oh. Apparently, I am expressing excitement each time I get to be alone. Should I repress that for the sake of their self-esteem?
Miss Eloise started at Cantril Preschool, just an 8 minute walk from our house. She is one of 7 kids in her class, although for some reason only 4 showed up today. She said she loved it and 'wished she could stay longer.' She didn't shed a tear or look back when I dropped her off; such a change from her preschool experience last year when we both dreaded the 'goodbye'. She learned about Mary and her little lamb and came home with a report on the one kid in school who didn't do what the teacher said. As you can see, she is an incredibly beautiful and joyful girl- I can't imagine my life without her.
Sweet Vaughn started Kindergarten again, this time at South Ridge Elementary- our local public school. He probably doesn't really belong in Kindergarten but we have encountered one of the infamous international adoption snafus. I can explain all of this to you if you care, but suffice to say, we hope to move Vaughn to the grade he belongs in at some point. Until then, he LOVES learning and for now, he really does need all of the basics that Kindergarten offers. His favorite thing from school today was something about the gingerbread man that I couldn't quite catch onto. (I don't know why my mom thinks public school isn't offering the highest quality education??) He also got a huge kick out of the bathroom in his class where there is a red light /green light sign on the door and you change it when you go inside so people know if someone is in there or not. He gave his teacher a hug when he left and told me he loved his new school. He is the sweetest boy I have ever met. He wanted to record a video of his first day of school and this is what he said, "Hello, it's my first day of school and I love school so much. And thank you mom for taking me to the school. And I love you so much." Ditto, Vaughn. I love you so much. You're amazing!
To celebrate the first day of school, we went out to Chipotle for dinner and the kids got some ice cream (Yes, I also ate a 1/2 gallon of ice cream, but that's irrelevant here). We decided that it's our tradition to celebrate the first and last days of school with a meal out as a family. We don't do that super often, so it's fun for the kids and gives us a good chance to talk about how the day was.
In other news, as I finish this post, I still have not gone into labor. I guess we'll just keep waiting.....



No comments:
Post a Comment