Thursday, December 19, 2013

25 Days of Christmas-Day 18

Day 18: Open a Christmas present!
I know it may seem like I am getting desperate for ideas, but this one had a dual purpose. Eloise was having a party at school and they had to wear pajamas. Given that she has outgrown all her PJ's and somehow had only summer options, I thought it best to send her in appropriate clothing. Since I had already gotten her pajamas, we decided we would open a gift. so she would have something to wear. Additionally, there are SO.MANY gifts under the tree for our kids. I'd actually like to start opening a gift a day just so Christmas isn't so overwhelming for them/so they can enjoy each gift. Anyway, you should have seen these two. They gladly opened their one gift and wore/played with it like it was the best thing ever. No one asked to open another gift or complained about the one they got to open. It was amazing! I love theses two and the simplicity with which they embrace life.

No comments: