Tuesday, March 11, 2014

List of people I would kill for a cracker

Ok, actually, I can't post the whole list because it is too extensive. Suffice to say Days 3&4 were pretty bad.

In in the middle of Day 4 now but I am sick.as.a.dog! I was in bed all day yesterday with a migraine that started the night before. I was trying to not take drugs (OTC & prescrption meds for headaches) for these 30 days, but that went out the window when I knew I would be down for 3 days without their aide. Turns out I've been out for 2 anyway. The suckiest thing about all this is actually the food. Whenever I get a headache, I eat crackers and Ramen and drink Gatorade and ginger ale. It's just what I do to feel better. Andy says it's psychological and maybe it is, but I like it. It's a comforting ritual. Anyway, yesterday I ate a freaking salad for lunch. Ever eaten a salad when your nauseous? It's awful. But look at me- here I am alive and (not) well sitting at the urgent care in order to get a shot for this headache.
I think what this shows is that I am through the worst. I know I'm sitting at Urgent Care, but I survived a headache on the Whole 30. If I can survive a headache I can survive anything.

Apparently blog stalkers and Instgram followers alike are all about the Whole 30. I've gotten a few comments from people who have done it about how amazing it is. Yesterday someone posted some great recipes - Kiley, thanks for stalking! I'm making those this week. And someone commented on my IG account about how much God did in her life through the W30 and that she was praying the same for me. Brings me to tears (someone pass the brownies, er tissues. Did I say brownies?). I know this 30 days is for so much more than my body and I am so glad!


No comments: