Days 5, 6 & 7 of the Whole 30.
Things have kind of evened out for most of us here doing the Whole 30. The days are still a little rough, but I feel like as long as I eat enough at each meal I feel good. It's FOR SURE hard to not think about sweets and other delicious things like pasta and bread, but cooking for the Whole 30 is fun and challenging and that kind of keeps my mind off the other "good" things to eat. This morning I made us all a stir fry of butternut squash, kale, Italian sausage and a poached egg. Honestly, if you would have asked me would I eat a poached egg without toast, I would have laughed at you, but poached eggs are so delicious; I just used the veggies and sausage to mop up the yolks. I was full for so long, it was actually amazing.
As others have said, and I've already mentioned, there is a lot of emotional stuff going on throughout this journey and because I'm not so focused on food- I feel like I have more room to process life. Like more room in my brain because I'm not so focused on dessert. Just like my mom, I've had nightmares of eating the wrong thing and yesterday I almost licked the knife from the peanut butter sandwich I made for Eloise. So my brain is still trying to clear out some habits and fears.
Here's to seven days! (and 23 more before I can have something from Starbucks!)
No comments:
Post a Comment