aka Day 2 of Whole 30
Everyone survived. Day two was a little better, but it brought about some of the same challenges. Fatigue & more boredom. I didn't really want to get out of bed this morning because I knew there was no coffee (I gave it up for this challenge) and no sugar buzz to be had all day. However, today's food was good. We had a yummy frittata for breakfast, salad for lunch and burgers and sweet potato fries for dinner. We didn't eat enough at lunch and at 3:00 everyone was dying for something to eat. You aren't really supposed to snack during the Whole 30, but when you're starving, you need to eat, so we snacked healthy and waited until dinner to satiate our hunger.
Tonight I looked at some Whole 30 results photos to keep my eye on the prize. I am for sure in this to lose weight, however, I know there is so much more that should come out of this and I am anticipating that, too!
Andy said tonight we are 'almost' 10% of the way there. HA. He really is the eternal optimist...and I love him for it.
3 comments:
Hi Celina - I'm Betsy's friend, Kiley, and I just HAD to post today. I have been reading your blog for a while now, and feel like I know you (which sounds very stalkery, sorry!). I just wanted to post about the Whole30. I've done two now, and totally get what you're writing. :) Also, for breakfast today I ate one of my favorite Whole30 meals (even though I'm not on a challenge right now) so I thought I'd post the info b/c it's EASY and yommy. I'll make it a different post b/c I'm nervous I'll put too much in one. :)
http://www.janssushibar.com/sweet-potato-coconut-soup/
I have made this a few times and it's so good I just love it. The last time I made it in a CROCK POT by just dumping in all the ingredients and cooking on high for 3 or so hours then low for anohter like 5? then puree with immersion blender, then add coconut milk then OMG AMAZING. I usually double the recipe because I eat it every meal til it's gone.
I usually add meat to the soup because I love meat. Today I added chicken which I made in the crock pot. Here's that info:
Dump chicken breast/thigh/whatever into crock pot. Dump in stewed tomatoes. Dump in oregano, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook on low for a long time. Shred.
Eat that alone or in the soup (even the tomato is good in there!).
I've also made pork roast in the crock pot and added THAT to the soup which is mind-blowingly yommy. Here's the rub I use for that:
http://everydaypaleo.com/beyond-easy-pulled-pork/
Sorry I'm all random and creepin on the blog, but I have had SUCH great results from the Whole30 and I know it's WAY HARD at times, but it's so worth it!!!
Shoit! (Kiley) so glad you chummed in.
Celina. Kiley is a Whole 30 champ and not a psycho stalker just a regular stalker.
Post a Comment